Original recipe from Bob Harper’s Favorite Low Calorie Meals
I have made this a few times for breakfast, and it is absolutely wonderful! Filling, healthy, easy to make, and low in calories.
Replace the fatty butter and sugary jam you used to pile on your toast with this abundance of natural flavors, good fats and protein, and you will have a well-balanced meal to kick-start your day! It’s low-calorie, high-protein and oh, so good.
- ¼ avocado
- Pinch of paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 slice whole-wheat or Ezekiel bread, toasted
- 4 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mash and mix the avocado, paprika and lemon juice. Spread on the toast.
In the same small bowl, mix together the egg whites, shallots, mustard, capers and pepper.
Pile the egg white mixture on top of the avocado-smeared toast and enjoy!
- 221 calories
- 20g protein
- 20g carbs
- 8g fat
- 6g fiber